Staff Assistant for Student Accounts
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 47-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners while serving appropriately 17,500 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College, Office of Student Accounts, is seeking a part-time (50%) Staff Assistant for Student Accounts (State title: Staff Assistant) to transform and oversee several quality assurance processes.
The Staff Assistant will:
- Develop and implement an early audit system for complete account reviews at multiple stages of student enrollment
- Prepare requests for changes in residency status and student requests for exceptions to the SUNY withdrawal policy and other quality assurance reports as necessary
- Explain all aspects of tuition policies to students in a variety of formats
- Work closely with all Student Accounts staff to ensure accuracy and quality in all aspects of the office
- Consistently work to improve accuracy in billing and other student account areas
- Work directly with students on complex cases
- Maintain an awareness of relevant college, SUNY, New York State and Federal regulations as necessary
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- 1 year of experience in customer service
- Strong numerical and organizational skills
- Ability to initiate oversight processes to identify errors and document compliance
- A demonstrated ability to learn computer applications quickly and effectively
- Prior work experience in higher education
- Experience using Banner or Colleague enterprise systems
- May involve occasional travel
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Part-time hours (50%) Monday - Friday in either the morning or afternoon
Rank/Salary: $22,000+, DOQ
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security