Assistant Dean, Business & Operations
The Josef Korbel School of International Studies (JKSIS) at the University of Denver is an interdisciplinary professional school of international studies that prepares students for careers in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Our program provides students with the knowledge, skills and networks to design policies implement programs and realize outcomes which enhance human capabilities around the world.
The Assistant Dean of Business and Operations assists the Dean in management of the administrative infrastructure and business operations of JKSIS. Manages and provides leadership for budget and finance, human resources, operations, financial aid, and any other assorted contract functions such as information technology, web development, and building operations to achieve a high level of performance, continuous improvement, and a strong sense of community. Working collaboratively with the Dean, Senior Management staff, Center Directors, and Staff Directors, oversees the budget, and manages all of the financial, operation, human resources, and financial aid functions of the school. Coordinates school strategic and financial planning efforts. Communicates strategic plans, budgets, program and financial goals to respective units within the JKSIS community and with external stakeholders as appropriate. Serve as a member of the senior management team and represents JKSIS on internal college and university committees as assigned. Has dotted-line reporting to the Controller's Office and to the Provost's Office.
- Manages, coordinates and provides leadership for business and finance, human resources, operations, financial aid, and other functions such as information technology, web development, and building operations to achieve a high level of performance, continuous improvement, and a strong sense of community.
- Manages the administrative and business operational infrastructure of the school, ensuring that essential services are provided to students and other stakeholders, and that management functions such as administrative decision-making, conflict resolution, staff and faculty development, financial management and oversight, performance evaluations and reviews are in place. Ensures the general operational functions of the school, including overseeing building operations and renovations.
- Effectively communicates strategic plans, budget, financial and program goals to appropriate senior management, faculty and staff and other stakeholders.
- At the request and direction of the Dean, represents JKSIS in a variety of senior management meetings both internal to the division and at the University level.
- Oversees the budget to include strategic and financial planning, manages all the financial, operations and human resources functions of the school.
- Coordinates all financial functions of the school including, but not limited to, budget development; budget forecasting; budget deployment; payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable; and grant and gift reporting to various boards.
- Completes day-to-day on-line entry including journal and budget entries.
- Coordinates strategic and financial planning efforts under the direction of the Dean, providing administrative and budgetary guidance to program directors and senior staff, preparing studies and analyses of enrollments, tuition, staffing, and other areas as needed.
- Manages the business officer in monitoring and overseeing maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information on JKSIS faculty, staff, and student personnel; administer the hiring off faculty, staff, adjunct faculty, visiting professors, independent contractors and consultants, and student staff. Also manages the Building Coordinator.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7 - 10 years of administrative leadership and related budget, operations and management experience.
- Graduate degree in related field.
- Experience in either operations management, budget development, forecasting, accounting or HR management in an university setting.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, June 29, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.