Senior PeopleSoft Administrator - IMT
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The Senior PeopleSoft Administrator is responsible for designing, implementing, upgrading, managing, and maintaining APU's Oracle PeopleSoft enterprise applications. You provide technical leadership on the Enterprise Applications team, focused on continuous improvement and optimization of core enterprise systems, fostering and developing the technical skills of other IT professionals, and establishing processes by which system improvement, integrity and stability are championed. In this Agile environment you will regularly collaborate with customers on product requirements and improvements. You will partner with product and service teams across IMT to add features and customizations to the PeopleSoft platform.
- A Bachelors degree in computer science or a related computer discipline, or equivalent experience, is required.
- 5 years minimum of systems administration with advanced knowledge of Linux and Windows platforms.
- Practical experience in and breadth of full stack engineering. Devops knowledge in software configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- 3 years implementing major system upgrades and enhancements, including new versions of complex applications, with new features rolled out to customer groups.
- Strong teamwork and facilitating skills: Continually develop self and team members to create and maintain a high-performance, fast-growth culture.
- Must be adept at being a key technical lead and/or contributor to various projects simultaneously.
- Preferred: 3-5 years experience in PeopleSoft Administration of 9.0, 9.1 or 9.2 applications such as Campus Solutions, Financial Management, Human Resources, PIA and/or CRM.
- Preferred: Experience with PeopleSoft 9.2, Change Assistant, PeopleSoft performance utilities and tracing options, PeopleSoft Messaging (Integration Broker), load balancing and capacity planning.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Prototype, research and install major system upgrades and enable transitions from traditional to current and emerging architectures such as cloud computing.
- Senior administrator of application, web, process scheduler and database components (in partnership with Oracle DBA) of mission critical enterprise applications.
- Builds and configures new software environments (web server, process scheduler server, app server, etc.) using Oracle PeopleSoft tools.
- Provide technical expertise necessary to ensure that the PeopleSoft and Database environments are operating at their optimal performance.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of highly complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
- Applies application patches, bundles and images regularly in order to keep current with Oracle releases, which may require infrequent scheduled work outside of normal working hours.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.