CET IT Support Lab Manager
CET IT Support Lab Manager
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Under the direction of the IT Services Director, the Lab Manager supports computer labs and faculty systems as designated ensuring high up-time of computer lab and classroom technology; maintains computer systems such as workstations, laptops, printers, tablets, mobile devices and server and cloud based support systems; performs regular system maintenance; provides advanced computer system expertise to academic and administrative users; manages assigned system assets within the Active Directory domain including Group Policy management, research and evaluate computer hardware and software applications; and, determines and recommends solutions. Coordinates with department chairs and faculty to accommodate software change requests.
Monday thru Friday - 8AM to 5PM. May require some evening and weekends to ensure lab set-up for classes.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or a combination of education and experience totally 4 years related to the summary of duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various computer applications such as office computing applications, internet tools, administrative tools, and other general computing programs.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with installing and configuring server and desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience relating to administrative duties within an Active Directory domain including group policy and computer asset management.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience working with at least two of the following: (Mac OSX, Window 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012).
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating system image creation and deployment.
- Skills in monitoring lab hardware and software utilization with solutions such as Lab Stats.
- Skills in working in a customer service, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Skills in image creation and deployment using imaging software such as WDS or SCCM from physical and virtual environments.
- Skills in backing up and restoring network and desktop systems.
- Skills in installing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and updating lab and employee hardware and software and researching technical issues on Mac OSX and Windows operating systems.
- Advanced technical experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, tablets, and smart phones.
- Skills in license server management.
Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to be highly self-motivated with the ability to self-learn.
- Ability to work in a customer service, team-oriented, and collaborative environments.
- Ability to document processes and create knowledge base articles and training instructions.
- Ability to work with faculty and department chairs to maintain software libraries.
- Ability to maintain an inventory management system.
- Ability to manage lab and employee printing needs including deployment, cost accounting and coordinating with Student
- Computing with existing print servers.
- Ability to work with faculty and staff presenting ideas via user friendly language.
Requires physical abilities to work in the computer lab with frequent bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching, sitting, walking, grasping, fine hand manipulation, talking, hearing, seeing and ability to lift more than 25 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $37,088 - $46,360
Advertisement Number: STA86418 College of Tech/Computing Staff 06/20/2018
Open Date: 06/12/2018
Review Start Date: 06/18/2018
Close Date: 6/20/2018
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those who apply on or before the “review start date.” This position is subject to close at any time. Please list 3 references in the application. References may be contacted at any time during the search process.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/7150
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.