Instructor, Basic Education - All Campuses
Mid-State Technical College is seeking Instructors to teach courses leading to a secondary credential and/or successful postsecondary course completion in the subjects of reading, writing, math, science, social studies and civics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Plan and deliver instruction of courses to facilitate student learning
* Develop a plan for each learner based on test results and educational/employment goals
* Provide academic assistance and advisement to students
* Assess and document student learning; interpreting outcomes and recording grades
* Assist with student recruitment and retention
* Bachelor’s in Elementary or Secondary Education with a concentration mathematics from a regionally accredited institution
* Teaching experience preferred
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Ability to effectively engage with students and ensure excellence in instruction and student learning
* Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach to work
Compensation based upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; long-term disability; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending account; Wisconsin Retirement System; 403(b) and 457; employee assistance program; educational assistance; and employee wellness program.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, complete an online application at:
You should have the following information available when completing an application:
* Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
* Employment History
* Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered. Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from email@example.com. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting June 14, 2018. Applications received on or after June 14th may be considered in a secondary pool.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.