Advisor, Office Of Student Financial Service
The Bursars Office is responsible for the collection and billing of tuition related charges and administering Federal Perkins Loans.
The Advisor position requires working closely with students, parents and staff in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include maintaining a high telephone response rate, responding to customer emails and assisting with walk-ins. In addition, the Advisor consults with students and parents on payment options available for account settlement, available financial assistance options and the application process associated with funding University educational cost.
This posting will serve for two openings
- Responsibilities include maintaining high response rate for phone calls, emails and walk in contact.
- Consults with students and parents on payment options available for tuition account settlement.
- Advises student and parents on available financial assistance options and the application process associated with funding University educational costs.
- Performs tuition account corrections due to various additional adjustments made by students or staff to reflect accurate account balances.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions form groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic and intermediate algebra.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 - 2 years of customer service experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 - 5 years of customer service experience
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Monday, June 25, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.