Temporary Marketing Associate
University of Colorado Denver
Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health
ECHO Colorado Program
Nature of Work:
The Extension for Community Health Outcomes (ECHO) Program at the Colorado School of Public Health has an opening for a temporary Marketing Associate.
This position will be responsible for supporting the creation and execution of comprehensive and targeted marketing plans to support the ECHO Colorado program. The focus will be on supporting an implementation strategy for a full range of traditional and new media, including but not limited to electronic and print advertising, event marketing, website content management, and direct marketing (mail, email, video, webinars, social media and virtual chat). This position will start at 20 hours per week and have the opportunity to become permanent based on funding availability and performance.
The Marketing Associate will work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications Professional, consultants and key constituents to meet annual targets, as well as to support the communication needs of the ECHO Colorado program in reaching various professional sectors including primary health care, mental health and public health, organizations including hospitals, community clinics, local health agencies and schools, and partner agencies. Additional responsibilities will include providing communication to related leadership, relationship development, implementation, evaluation teams and partners associated with the larger ECHO initiative.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepares marketing materials by formatting content and graphics in PhotoShop
- Maintains and grows network marketing calendar to diversify ECHO Colorado's reach and engagement across the state
- Provides marketing tracking and research information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing campaign results and trends including website activity via google analytics
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and utilizing available resources when troubleshooting and further research may be required.
- Assists with the production of marketing materials and literature with an understanding of web-based content creation.
- Creates and updates web site utilizing knowledge of Wordpress (required)
- Provides support for and attends exhibiting presentations and marketing events.
- Available for travel
- Provide excellent customer service with timely replies to website submissions and inquiries
- Understanding of HTML to create and update focused marketing emails
- Conducts research and outreach to new outlets for dissemination and sharing
- Updates and maintains the marketing department's documentation and schedule with organization skills and efficiency
- Tracks participant engagement and manages leads for internal tagging organization
- Maintains marketing library by checking and replenishing inventory.
- Undertake new marketing tasks and develop materials and support for new projects.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
Individual will be supervised by: Marketing and Communications Professional
Duration of Project: Temp to hire
We expect the temp position to last the full 9 months with an opportunity for a staff position pending funding.
The pay rate for this position is $20.00 per hour.
- A degree in marketing (not essential but an advantage)
- Communication skills for written and oral communications
- Good public speaking skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills for relationship building
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office, Wordpress, and Adobe PhotoShop
- Strong administration and organizational skills.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Halley Hadfield at Halley.Hadfield@ucdenver.edu
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:A review of the application material will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The priority submission date is July 11, 2018 Applicants must apply online at http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers . Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE: 1. A cover letter which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three to five professional references in a separate document.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21674 - CSPH-ECHO
Posting Date: Jun 11, 2018
Closing Date: Jul 20, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Halley Hadfield
Posting Contact Email: Halley.Hadfield@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00747149