The Master of Accounting (Macc) program at KSU is seeking a candidate that can be a part of the accelerated, cohort-based graduate program designed to assist undergraduate accounting majors achieve their educational, professional and career goals. The School of Accountancy (SOA) is home to one of the largest accounting programs in the State of Georgia and home to the internationally recognized Internal Audit Center.
The Macc program coordinator is responsible for creating, building and facilitating program events in association with the Macc Director and Macc faulty members. The program coordinator will be a point of contact for students while going through the admissions and enrollment process. The coordinator will also assist with recruiting efforts related to the School of Accountancy (SOA). The coordinator should be a very detail-oriented person.
There are several aspects pertaining to this position.
Planning and Executing
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent data management skills (tracking recruitment, CPA pass, job placement, budget)
- Remain organized and detail oriented
- Direct recruiting events from start to finish (invitations, location, catering, audio visual needs and others) Examples of events- Orientation, Information Sessions, Career Fairs and Class Visits
- Providing administrative support to the Director of Macc and other programs within Macc
- Providing customer service to students by telephone, walk-in and email inquiries related to the program
- Maintain and organize travel data for the program
- Order promotional items
- Manage contracts (such as a CPA review course vendor)
- Make payments on behalf of the Macc program though payment systems (P-Card, OwlPay, E-Pro)
- Track and maintain Excel document on events or projects to provide updates
- Must be proficient and demonstrate ability to operate Microsoft Office Suite
Recruiting and Enrollment
- Communicate professionally with prospective students for the program
- Coordinate admissions
- Assist applicants though the admissions process
- Monitor and report the status of the applicant pool of the program
- Assist students with class registration
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit, draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. The universitys alumni network is 100,000 strong. A Carnegie-designated doctoral institution, it is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 3 years experience.
- Experience in recruiting for graduate and/or business programs, including working with international applicants/students
- Knowledge and experience with Radius or other college application software
- Knowledge and experience with university sanctioned procurement and payment systems