Administrative Assistant II
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Department: Counseling and Psych Services
Requisition Number: 10937
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 17-Jun-2018
The Department of Counseling and Psychiatric Services welcomes applications for an Administrative Assistant II. This role provides a broad-range of administrative support functions for the Department of Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) clinics, both at the Wardenburg Health Services (WHS) and the Center for Community (C4C). Additionally, this role will be answering phones, scheduling appointments, providing customer service to students, entering patient information into the electronic health record and scheduling students for AOD programs. This position will provide efficient, friendly, and confidential customer service to CU students, parents, faculty as needed, and staff.
Who We Are
Counseling and Psychiatric Services supports the health and wellness efforts of the students as part of the Division of Student Affairs. Our staff understands and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of health care services in several on-campus locations
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Front Desk Administrative Support
- Provide daily front office reception with particular emphasis on providing a warm, welcoming and safe environment with responsive, high quality confidential customer service.
- Answer phones, direct callers, schedule appointments and update computerized appointment scheduler from written and/or verbal directions, process payments for classes and co-pays.
- Greet and check-in patients as needed. Inform students about covered services under their student fees and what is available at each location.
- Help students navigate scheduling and answer questions as needed after their covered CAPS services have been utilized.
- At the C4C, help direct calls and "drop-ins" for the Office of Victim Assistance (OVA).
- Utilize the credit card machine for class registrations and co-pays, and run end of the day reports.
- Provide cross coverage to both clinic locations as needed.
- Process documents that require scanning into the patient's electronic medical record (EMR). These include documents that arrive by fax, mail, created in CAPS, or hand-delivered.
- Work with two EMRs (Medicat and Titanium).
- Maintain daily functions related to walk-in procedures (e.g., opening new files, checking for previous records in Titanium, uploading records to Medicat).
- Register students for appropriate diversion programs.
- Help students in determining which class they must take by sending them to their referring agency (Housing, Office of Student Conduct, Municipal Court, etc.).
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $33,396.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Positive. Be Respectful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- At least 2 years of general clerical experience. Substitution: college or university coursework, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly personable and customer service-oriented approach
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, dependability, team-orientation and be highly accountable and responsible
What We Would Like You To Have
- Customer Service experience.
- Experience working in medical field.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer