Administrative Assistant I
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Human Resources
Department: Department of Human Resources
Requisition Number: 10921
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 17-Jun-2018
The Department of Human Resources is now accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant I position! This position provides administrative and data entry support as well as functions as the front line Human Resources receptionist and provides front desk customer service functions. This includes answering questions and directing calls from employees within CU Boulder as well as applicants and customers outside of the University. Position assists customers by phone, e-mail and in person to answer questions, provide assistance with the online job application process, or direct inquiries to the most appropriate resource. Position also provides general administrative support to the HR staff by ordering office supplies, filing, and assisting with scanning, mailing, data entry functions, and other administrative tasks and projects as assigned.
Who We Are
Human Resources at CU Boulder exists to create success through others as we all strive to achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. We contribute leadership, ideas, and services that allow each person – whether an individual contributor or manager, a member of the faculty or staff – to do what he or she does…better.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Front Desk Customer Service
- Greet customers by telephone and in person.
- Announce visitors who have appointments with HR staff; directs customers to testing and/or training sessions.
- Respond to general, prescribed questions while referring all other questions to the appropriate individual and/or unit.
- Refer customers to the appropriate person or work unit; processes I-9s.
- Provide assistance and guidance to job applicants and how to find positions at the university.
- Date stamps and distributes incoming packages and mail.
Administrative Support and Data Entry
- Assist with maintaining job announcement bulletin boards (communicating and posting of new/vacant positions and reallocations).
- Assist in ordering and stocking office supplies; assists with sending responses to general employment inquiries.
- Responsible for electronic file organization.
- Assist with data entry or data retrieval using HRI or HCM databases as needed.
- Provide backup functions as needed such as floor proctor for building, managing Additional Pay Forms.
- Assist with reviewing HR website information for broken links or out of date information as needed.
- Assist with other administrative tasks and special projects as needed.
What We Can Offer
Starting salary for this position is $32,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Accomplished. Be Ambitious. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- One year of administrative or clerical experience.
- At the agency’s discretion, college or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis
What You Will Need
- Must be approachable and highly customer service oriented.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students from around the world.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Overall interest and comfort working with technology and computer programs, including a willingness to learn.
- Proficient scheduler with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Detail-oriented, but also able to strategically conceive and coordinate projects and events.
- A dedicated work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task multiple projects.
What We Would Like You To Have
- One year of administrative support experience in higher education or high volume customer service environments.
- Experience working with students and faculty in a higher education environment.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer