Psychiatrist - UCH Emergency Dept
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Psychiatrist - UCH Emergency Dept
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Emergency Dept and CL Service Responsibilities
Contributes as part of the UCH Psychiatry attending team to the function of the program including:
- Participate in attending rotation on the ED and CL Service
- Participation in hospital and departmental committees
- Participation in quality review activities
- Participation in the attending call rotation
- Demonstrates proficiency in teaching and mentoring of residents and medical students.
- Supervises medical students, residents and fellows on ED and CL services
- Help develop and run a clinical rotation for medical students and residents on the ED team.
- Teaches in fellow, resident, and medical students classes
- Be proficient in telepsychiatry and provide telepsychiatry assessments as part of ED duties.
- Contributes on the Psychosomatic Medicine Service. In this role, this position is responsible for covering medical, surgical, intensive care units and the emergency department. Faculty usually consult on 6-8 patients a day and work collaboratively with other services.
- Actively Contributes in Academic Advancement of his/her discipline
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in field, both academically and through applied skills
- Maintains eligibility for SOM faculty appointment
- Participates in performance improvement activities; quality improvement and patient safety activities; assists in maintaining compliance with JCAHO accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards including the code of conduct.
- Contributes as part of the UCH Psychiatry Clinical Services attending team to the function of the program
- MD, CO Physician License or Eligible for CO Physician License
- Board Certified or Eligible in Psychiatry
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 13217
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21308 - SOM-PSYCH-UCH-GEN OP
Posting Date: Apr 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Erica Rapp, MD
Posting Contact Email: Erica.Rapp@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00682300