Associate Director of Constituent Engagement - Advancement, College of Education (A1800366)
Associate Director/Director of Constituent Engagement
College of Education
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Education addresses the challenges facing today's learners by advancing knowledge and impacting policy through research, teaching and outreach. Developing tools and methods which contribute to making education equitable and accessible to all learners is core to our mission. We prepare leaders, researchers and educators that are passionate advocates committed to transforming learners at all stages of the life span.
The Office of Advancement within the College of Education invites applications and nominations for one (1) full-time constituent engagement position to support the fundraising initiatives of the College of Education by developing: alumni and donor engagement programming, stewarding donor gifts and management of events as determined by the Assistant Dean for Advancement. The Associate Director/Director of Constituent Engagement will play a critical role in supporting the College's fundraising efforts to maximize overall support and opportunities for collaborative giving. The successful candidate will serve as a member of the advancement team in the College.
The successful candidate will develop strategies and implement programs that will lead to the successful philanthropic support of the academic priorities of the University and the philanthropic interest of donors to Education at Illinois.
This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Advancement and will work closely with advancement colleagues, the Head of the departments and members of the faculty to maximize stewardship, cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors to Education at Illinois. Manage and increase the number of alumni volunteers and create robust programming that will increase alumni engagement levels and inspire financial support. Manage the stewardship strategy for all College of Education donors, working closely with the Dean's Office, Communications Office, Business Office, department heads, faculty and staff. Oversee all College of Education advancement events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- CONSTITUENT ENGAGEMENT:
- Lead the development and execution of a collaborative advancement strategy for increasing constituent engagement
- Develop cultivation and stewardship plans for high level donors
- Ensure scholarship funds awarded meet the criteria as specified in the fund agreements
- Manage a system of reports that reflect campaign progress and overall fundraising goals for the College of Education
- Implement alumni engagement and stewardship metrics to determine effectiveness of activities
- Develop and implement a strategy for volunteer activity tracking and follow-up
- Oversee the alumni awards process at the campus and College level and submit nomination packages.
- Work with SAAO to integrate student relations with alumni engagement and development within the College of Education to create programming through the life-cycle of Education constituents
- Strong relationship management skills
- Manage the stewardship and communications plan for donors of endowed funds including scholarships, fellowships, awards, professorships and chairs
- Lead gift acknowledgement process and draft personalized acknowledgments and donor letters for the Dean of the College and Assistant Dean for Advancement
- Represent the College at University, campus, college and department events, along with University, campus and UIAA meetings and committees.
- Effectively utilize the University's constituent record management system (TED) to maintain records on affinity groups, event attendees and prospects for the College of Education.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and Communications to identify constituent stories of impact and engagement.
- Manage all aspects of the College's events each year with a high degree of detail, creation of messaging appropriate for each event and an environment that promotes philanthropy
- Bachelor's degree
- Associate Director:
- Understanding of principles of constituent engagement programming, stewardship and event management.
- Operational knowledge of the components of event planning and stewardship.
- Strong public relations and writing skills.
- Demonstrated excellent professionalism, the ability to communicate with educators and Education donors, and to organize multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Understand and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Donor Bill of Right, which is endorsed by the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Minimum of three years of successful advancement experience or more than six years of related work experience (such as sales, marketing communications, financial planning, etc.).
- Five or more years of successful advancement experience or ten years of experience in a related field (such as sales, marketing, communications, financial planning, etc.).
- Master's Degree
- Associate Director:
- Alumni engagement and stewardship experience within a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, education and educational policy.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures specifically related to event management.
- Prior supervisory experience of students and/or student interns.
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by July 2, 2018. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references. For more information regarding application procedures, contact Lisa Denson-Rives at [email protected] Proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews may take place prior to the closing date; however, no decision will be made until after that date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Education
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Associate Director of Constituent Engagement - Advancement, College of Education (A1800366)
Open Date: 06/11/2018
Close Date: 07/02/2018
Organization Name: Dev and Alumni