Senior Administrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant-1801541
- Manage the Division Chief’s complex appointment calendar, prioritizing and scheduling appointments, faculty meetings, speaking engagements, travel and other activities. Prepare and maintain lists of meeting topics. Open the incoming mail to evaluate content and identify priority items; distribute copies to self or appropriate staff members for action. Review action items and manage their assignment to, and completion by, other staff members. Establish and maintain a project control system to track action items that are delegated to other staff members. Keep the Division Chief informed of the progress of various projects.
- Manage all grant related paperwork, monitor and track expenditures and provide updates to the Division Chief.
- Prepare, proofread, and edit documents, reports and correspondence for signature by the Division Chief and others. Send notices to the faculty and staff on behalf of the Division Chief.
- Coordinate and announce divisional meetings and arrange for conference rooms, audio visual equipment and catering services and inform participants of the agenda. Prepare background materials and distribute well in advance of the meetings. Facilitate flow of written and oral communications to and from the Division Chief. Prepare meeting minutes; disseminate hard copies and or post electronically, as needed.
- Gather data from a variety of sources, evaluate and analyze data, prepare detailed information and recommendations for the Division Chief involving individual/corporate biographical information, charts, budget information, special projects and presentation for meetings and conferences.
- Develop and manage effective filing, retrieval, and archiving system of all Division Chief’s Office administrative support records. Maintain an up-to-date index of the files and oversee annual archiving and/or purging of files, ensuring adherence to SB retention schedules regarding administrative records.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Division Chief and maintain files to ensure all required documentation is available for expense reimbursement.
- Schedule House Staff to meet individually with the Division Chief during the academic year.
- Coordinate scheduling of new patient appointments with the medicine specialties clinics when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Medicine -- Cardiology-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30am - 5:00pmMedicine -- Cardiology-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Jun 11, 2018
Posting End Date: Jun 25, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 / Annual @ 1.0 FTE CWE
Salary Grade: N8