Health Care Tech I
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Psychiatry/Addiction Research and Treatment Services
The Haven/Peer I
Health Care Tech I
Position #00708330 - Requisition #13868
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Health Care Tech I. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will provide clinical services to adult men and women involved in a long term outpatient substance abuse treatment program (Peer I/Haven Outpatient Therapeutic Community). This program serves the offender population and supports patient ongoing efforts to maintain both sobriety and a citizen lifestyle as they re-enter the community having completed the Peer I/Haven residential therapeutic communities. In addition, services may be provided to children, spouses, family members, and significant others as need arises per the treatment plan. This position will be responsible for providing clinical care and case-management services for up to 30 men and women in an outpatient setting in accordance to treatment standards set forth by the Office of Behavioral Health, Department of Corrections, the Division of Criminal Justice and Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS).
Specific duties are as follows:
- Responsible for individual and group therapy sessions.
- Treatment planning/ case-management
- Documentation of services provided in Electronic Health Care Record
- Monthly reporting to stakeholders
- Complete initial and ongoing assessments such as the Lifestyle Severity Index (LSI) and the, Global Assessment of Needs (GAIN).
- Attend staff meetings weekly
- Support patients in aftercare planning
- Help patients stay in compliance with their community corrections/DOC sentences via monitoring employment, holding them accountable for restitution payments, occasional court appearances, and troubleshooting issues that arise related to their sentences.
- Support team members on occasion related to the following: collection of urinalysis samples, phone coverage, and other duties as assigned by the program coordinator.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- High School Diploma or GED
Conditions of Employment:
- Possess a Certified Addiction Counselor II (CAC II) certification or a Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, counseling psychology, or a related field.
- Must agree to fingerprinting, criminal background check, and child abuse registry check
- Individuals in recovery from substance abuse must have one year's abstinence from alcohol and drug problems, agree to continued abstinence, and provide urine samples upon request and under observation
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident or incident or reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing per UCD Addiction Research and Treatment Services Department Policies.
- In accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), ARTS cannot employ individuals who may have contact with residents who have (1) engaged in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lockup, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other Institution (as defined in 42 U.S. C. § 1997); (2) been convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse; or (3) been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in (1-3) of this section. Material omissions regarding such misconduct, or the provision of materially false information, shall be grounds for
- Must be able to provide a copy of your diploma, transcripts, or certificates at the time of hire
- Experience working in a substance abuse treatment program with adult patients
- Experience working with offender population
- Experience documenting behaviors according to established policies
- Experience with evidenced based practices such as motivational interviewing and contingency management theory
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn software programs
- Experience using an Electronic Health Record
- Ability to establish boundaries with clients
- Ability to manage difficult behaviors
- Ability to track client progress through the development and updates of treatment plans
- Ability to deliver individual and group counseling services
- Ability to apply ethical guidelines of profession
- Ability to be nonjudgmental and respectful of others beliefs, values, and culture
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. 4) Additional Attachments - copy of diploma, transcripts, or certification. Questions should be directed to Ken Gaipa at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Denver
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20280 - SOM-PSYCH-ARTS SP/G
Posting Date: Jun 11, 2018
Closing Date: Jun 15, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Ken Gaipa
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00708330