Senior Professional Research Assistant
Senior Professional Research Assistant
Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research and Delivery Science (ACCORDS)
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER, Anschutz Medical Campus
Nature of Work:
The Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research and Delivery Science (ACCORDS) has an opening for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Senior Professional Research Assistant (SrPRA) to work as a data analyst with various research studies associated with ACCORDS in the Biostatistics Core. The position will be funded by various existing sponsored projects and provides statistical data analysis for project investigators in ACCORDS and collaborating departments of the university. More detail on our research programs can be found on our website,
The successful candidate will provide assistance with study and instrument design, data coordination, cleaning and analysis and manuscript preparation on a variety of health outcomes-related projects using primary and secondary datasets.
Research Assistant Series.
The SrPRA reports to the ACCORDS Analytic Coordinator with close interactions with the Principal Investigators within ACCORDS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific tasks that the SrPRA Data Analyst is responsible for include:
- Writing statistical programs in SAS and/or R to analyze data collected from various research grants.
- Consulting with physician investigators on the design and implementation of research projects.
- Supporting the writing of manuscripts from the research projects.
- Managing the data files that are derived from data collection.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Master's degree in statistics, biostatistics, or biometrics, or related field
- At least two years of SAS and/or R programming experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with a variety of faculty members
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability
- Previous data analysis experience in a university environment
- Previous experience with large data sets
- Working knowledge of SQL
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 13866
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21628 - SOM-COHO Center
Posting Date: Jun 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kayla LaPerriere
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00747759