Program Manager- Office of Undergraduate Research (A1800365)
Office of Undergraduate Research
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Program Manager in the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. The Program Manager's primary responsibility is to assist the Director in the day to day operation of the office, as well as implement OUR's campus mission in support of undergraduate research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist OUR Director in strategic planning for the office, including developing and supporting current and future office programmatic initiatives.
- Organize annual Undergraduate Research Week and Symposium.
- Oversee the Illinois Undergraduate Research Ambassadors program (10-15 undergraduate student ambassadors and 1 project-lead undergraduate intern).
- Coordinate OUR research workshop series and assist Director in development and implementation of workshops as identified, including working with campus and external partners.
- Maintain OUR website and implement periodic design and content updates as needed.
- Responsible for all office database design and operation, not limited to Undergraduate Research Certificate program; Area Studies Undergraduate Research Certificate (in partnership with International and Area Studies Library, and campus Area Studies units); Undergraduate Research Week & Symposium; campus faculty liaison database; SLACK Ambassador program workflow and office workflow more generally; and others as needed.
- Assist OUR Director with office marketing, branding, and outreach efforts.
- Oversee OUR social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram).
- Assist OUR Director in management of undergraduate interns and coordinate intern projects.
- Assist OUR Director in cultivation and support of internal (i.e. faculty, staff, administrators), and external partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required Education: Master's Degree
- Three years of professional experience working in student academic affairs in higher education.
- Three years of experience in teaching and mentorship.
- Experience supervising undergraduate students.
- Demonstrated ability to create positive working relationships with students, faculty, administrators, and external partners.
- Proficiency with standard software platforms, such as: Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.); Dreamweaver (web design and coding); Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and develop priorities.
Preferred Experience Qualifications:
- Significant program and curricular development, including experience with developing undergraduate research programs (both faculty and student-centered), workshops.
- Disciplinary degree in area that complements existing OUR staff (i.e., engineering, sciences)
- Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
This position is a 100% full time, twelve month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by July 2, 2018. Interviews may begin prior to close of the search, but a hiring decision will not be made until the search closes. The expected start date as soon as possible after closing. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Program Manager- Office of Undergraduate Research (A1800365)
Open Date: 06/11/2018
Close Date: 07/02/2018
Organization Name: Office of Undergraduate Research