Speech Language Pathologist
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Department of Bioengineering - Assistive Technology Partners
Position #744899 / Requisition #13183
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Assistive Technology Partners (ATP) in the Department of Bioengineering, in collaboration with the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, has an opening for a part-time Speech Language Pathologist at the Clinical Instructor level in Assistive Technology, with primary responsibilities in ATP's Clinical Services Program. Assistive Technology Partners is a unique unit in the Department of Bioengineering whose mission is to empower individuals with disabilities to achieve their highest potential through the use of assistive technology. We do this by providing exemplary clinical services, consultation, education, research and innovative technology development. As part of the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus, we blend education, technology development, research and clinical care in order to advance our mission while training the workforce of the future.
This part-time SLP Clinical Instructor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation reports to the Executive Director of Assistive Technology Partners. All job responsibilities are provided within the Assistive Technology Partners program, with primary scope of work occurring within ATP's specialty clinic program. ATP's Clinic Program provides one-on-one services to individuals with a disability in order to improve their overall health and function through the acquisition and use of appropriate assistive technology. Additional job responsibilities of this position may include participation in research, teaching and other projects as assigned.
- Provide specialty clinical services in the area of complex rehabilitation and assistive technology
- Provide individualized assessments of technology needs for people with disabilities in areas appropriate to the scope of practice of a speech language pathologist, focused on the unique needs of individuals with Complex Communication Needs requiring augmentative alternative communication.
- Provide additional one-on-one clinical services such as programming, implementation and training in the use of technology after it is acquired.
- Provide appropriate clinical documentation as required for billing of services and to assist in the funding of recommended technology for individual clients.
- Participate in clinic team meetings and internal in-service trainings as directed by supervisor
- Participate in assigned research protocols, collecting and analyzing relevant data, for research projects related to assistive technology.
- Provide professional development trainings in areas of expertise related to complex rehabilitation and assistive technology products and services for communication
- Teach guest lectures and modules in BIOE courses, as directed by BIOE faculty
This is a part-time, hourly position without benefits. The hourly wage range for this position has been established at $35.00 to $50.00 per hour and is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- A Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- License and/or certifications required to practice Speech Pathology in the state of Colorado.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in providing Speech Language Services
- At least 2 years prior experience with assistive technology devices and services, specifically in complex communication needs and augmentative alternative communication
- Some teaching and/or research experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and students at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Strong background or interest in augmentative alternative communication service provision
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Special Instructions to Applicants:REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20301 - SOM-Rehabilitation Medicine
Posting Date: Apr 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Judith De La Torre
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00744899