Experienced Electrical Engineer with capabilities in digital and analog design, layout and test.
• Support systems development taking an instrument from concept to delivery
• Support development of NASA instrumentation including electronics design in both the digital and analog domains
• Specifically looking for someone with experience with circuits analysis, including parts stress analyses and worst case analyses
• More generically, responsibilities may include design, board layout including signal integrity issues with high speed logic and also low -level analog, and test
• Working knowledge using PSpice and / or LTSpice
• Ownership of boards and subsystems for its entire life cycle prototype to flight system, including all aspects of design, build, test, and paperwork
B.S. or higher degree in electrical/electronic engineering and computer science/engineering - 2 to 5 years of experience
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Analog and digital circuit design, with emphasis in circuit analyses
• Knowledge of operation of electronic test equipment DMMs, power supplies, oscilloscopes, etc..
• Strong debugging skills and be proficient at diagnosing problems at the interface level of a complex spacecraft environment.
• Understanding of communications protocols e.g. SpaceWire, custom LVDS synchronous serial interfaces, RS - 422 asynchronous interfaces, and TCP I/P.
• Experience working with flight hardware and developing all the processes necessary for designing, building and testing NASA flight hardware
• Microsoft office, Verilog and/or VHDL, exposure to scripting languages Python, Perl, CSTOL, Matlab.
• Ability to work well in a team environment. Present findings at meetings and in presentations.
• Familiarity with NASA EEE Parts Selection, and experience with EEE -INST - 002
• Knowledge of IPC 601x, 222x, J - STD - 001ES, and NASA 8739.x documents
Due to U.S. Export Control Regulations, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
• Previous experience in the design and analysis of spacecraft and flight instrument electrical and electronic systems is highly desired.
• Programming of various test equipment protocols, whether C, C++, Labview, etc.
• Creating system diagrams and drawings in Visio or similar software
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment, prior to the issuance of an offer letter. The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
THIRD BOX The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment admissions, and educational programs. Inquires may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at email@example.com.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Cover Letter 2 - Curriculum Vitae This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Jun 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00748188