Talent Acquisition Specialist
Requisition # 2018-8895
Department PPPL Human Resources
Category Human Resources
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) is a Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory, operated by Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey. PPPL is the nation's leader in fusion and plasma science research. As the sole Staffing Specialist at PPPL, you would be responsible for fostering and maintaining relationships with staff, managers and potential recruits, overseeing hiring, outreach and workforce planning, weaving diversity initiatives throughout. This role will deliver HR solutions in a number of key areas outside of recruiting, such as relocation, new hire onboarding, staff enrichment programs and other strategic initiates. As a member of a cross-functional HR team, reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources, the Staffing Specialist will partner with other members of the HR team, and work collaboratively with all levels of management to implement HR policies, practices and procedures.
- Conduct outreach and maintain active networks with top talent across the PPPL research profile.
- Provide advice and guidance to hiring managers on recruiting and staffing, acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on recruiting and interviewing.
- Identify top talent and recommend best practices to maintaining a healthy work environment, for both temporary and permanent staffing.
- Responsible for ensure smooth transitions over the entire hiring lifecycle from recruiting, to interviewing, relocation, orientation and onboarding.
- Collaborate with the Procurement Office on workforce needs fulfilled by Contracts.
- Must stay current on recent federal, state and local case law changes; monitor labor law updates and newsletters for changes and communicate to lab leadership.
- Develop solutions to moderately complex problems, with limited supervision or oversight.
- Develop and execute diversity outreach strategies that impact recruitment and PPPL's reputation.
- Collaborate with PPPL Compensation and Line Managers to recommend competitive offers, proactively creating solutions to handle issues.
- Support the development and strategic implementation of policies, procedures and tools to support recruitment and retention efforts, communication and relationship building while fostering positive relationships between employees and managers. Seek to implement improvements that both reduce time-to-fill, but also increase quality of hires.
- A bachelor's degree and 3-5 years' of related HR experience required; recruitment and/or staffing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology (i.e. MS Office, HRIS systems) to gather, interpret, organize, and present data.
- Must possess sound judgment and critical thinking skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and administer broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, coaching and counseling managers and employees on policies and procedures.
- Able to collaborate, influence and command the respect and confidence of campus partners and have the capacity to deal with a wide range of relationships and situations.
- Strong organizational skills; evidence of self-motivation; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and work both independently and in teams within a service oriented organization.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing the need for quality with meeting deadlines.
- HR certification (PHR, SPHR)
- Experience in higher education or a service-oriented organization
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.