Assistant Men's & Women's Track & Field Coach - Sprints, Hurdles, and Relay Events
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-11-2018
The assistant coach is responsible for assisting with various coaching, management, and administrative duties of the Men's & Women's Track & Field program as assigned by the Head Coach. This position will focus on recruiting and developing the sprints, hurdles, and relay events. This includes, but is not limited to designing the training programs for all previously indicated event areas. The assistant coach is responsible for conducting any duties or activities with integrity and within the rules of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference and/or Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVC or MVFC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State University, and the Athletics Department.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Proven ability to teach and coach fundamentals and advanced skills.
3. Advanced knowledge of techniques and strategies.
4. Thorough knowledge of NCAA Recruiting Rules.
5. Proven organizational and leadership ability.
6. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's Degree
2. Experience recruiting at the Division I level
3. Experience coaching male and female sprints, hurdles, relay events
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.