Budget - DIRECTOR - BUDGET
Vacancy ID S2288 Job Title DIRECTOR - BUDGET Department Budget School/Parent Organization Business and Finance Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 06/25/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
Provide leadership in directing and coordinating the preparation of the College's operational budgets to include the analysis of institutional expenses, the development of budget forecasts, and the auditing of budget expenditures and variances for all departments of the College. Propose resource allocation and participate in the long term financial planning for the College.
1. Prepare and distribute budget forms and instructions; process budget reviews, provide initial budget scenarios, set initial parameters based on economic studies and departmental forecasts, evaluate statistical data and make recommendations for changes, additions or deletions; prepare final operational budget for administrative review and approval; prepare multi-year forecasts based on the approved budget.
2. Supervise and participate in the compilation of experience data and prepare a variety of statistical reports and analyses reflecting progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions for both short and long term planning.
3. Assist in the preparation of budgetary policies and procedures and serve in an advisory capacity to College officials.
4. Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion as a college priority, communicate to employees an expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment.
5. Monitor, control, and reconcile budgetary expenditures; investigate major variances and report such variances to respective management personnel; provide additional funding from contingencies after evaluating need.
6. Review employment contracts and other financial commitments before giving budgetary approval.
7. Assimilate statistical data on capital expenditures, approve necessary substitutions, and prepare appropriate reports.
8. Assimilate and assemble budget/accounting data and projections for internal and external surveys, and reports providing forecast as well as run data to foundations, government agencies, and professional organizations.
9. Coordinate computer entry of budgetary information and monitor the effectiveness of related reporting systems.
10. Plan, schedule, and assign various budget/forecast projects; direct personnel actions to include, but not limited to hiring, merit recommendation, performance appraisal, vacation schedules and dismissals.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field and a minimum of 8 years budget/accounting administration experience; proven management and supervisory experience along with excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills; extensive experience developing trend analysis, forecasting and planning; experience working with on-line financial accounting management systems and human resource Information systems, and an in-depth understanding of accounting procedures specific to not-for-profit agencies or higher education institutions; ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive are required. Advanced degree and CPA (Certified Public Accountant) preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $90,000 to $103,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).