F/T Faculty: Early Childhood Education
Department: Early Childhood Development & Human Services Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jan 11, '18
Ref No.: FAC
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations. Applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
Position Description: Full-time Early Childhood Education instructor in the Department of Education/Early Childhood Education/Human Services
- Responsible for the teaching and curriculum development in all departmental areas of Early Childhood Development and Education with primary duties teaching early childhood development courses
- Participate in ongoing curriculum review, assessment, development and modification
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies
- Use new technologies in the classroom to supplement instruction
- Participate in on-going professional development
- Teach in different modalities such as online, hybrid and web enhanced
- Work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Master's degree in Education with substantive early childhood education coursework, early childhood education, childhood development required.
- Knowledge of the field of education and early childhood development
- At least five years of experience in care and educational settings with children 0-6 years of age required
- College-level teaching experience required; community college teaching is preferred
- Experience with and understanding of anti-bias and culturally responsive education
- Experience with child centered and emergent curriculum is preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population
Salary Range: $46,000.00-$55,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: This Position will begin on September 1, 2018. To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By July 12, 2018.
Submit a Cover Letter Addressing the Required Qualifications, Resume and Contact Information for 3 References through the URL: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Please make sure you fill out the online application. Fax transcript files over 2MB's to (617)-228-3328.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE