Academic Advising Manager
This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Academic Support.
Hunter College seeks an Academic Advising Manager to work with the Assistant Dean to oversee Advising and related initiatives for Scholar Programs at Hunter College. The Academic Advising Manager will be instrumental in the leadership, management and assessment of advising programs and approaches designed to increase student retention, persistence and success among Scholar Program students. The Academic Advising Manager's responsibilities, in addition to the duties within CUNY Title Overview, include but are not limited to:
- Oversee application and review processes for Scholar Programs in coordination with Admissions.
- Conduct and oversee research and implementation of high impact advising programs for high achieving students aimed at increasing student engagement, learning, retention and college completion.
- Supervise team of professional advisors and staff and advise a caseload of students.
- Train and develop staff on high impact practices and successful retention initiatives.
- Manage Scholar Program Cohort mentors to design and expand opportunities for student engagement, community building, and learning throughout the scholar programs. Work with the Assistant Dean to leverage strategic partnerships with Scholar Cohort program leaders as well as Learning Centers, Pre-Professional Offices, Roosevelt House, Career Development Services and academic units.
- Manage program budget and procurement for scholar programs.
- Develop and manage data queries and reports and analyze outcome information. Use technologies such as CRM, social media, interactive web-based platforms, caseload management tools, scheduling software, Skype and video to bring advising to scale.
- Serve on college wide committees and task forces at the request of the Assistant Dean or Director
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Six or more years of related experience
- Master's Degree in a related field preferred
- Fiscal management experience preferred
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the development and operations of academic counseling services.
- Develops and coordinates campus efforts to provide a comprehensive academic advisement model and protocol; assists with strategic planning
- Supervises an academic advisement center; oversees counseling activities to provide consistently reliable information to students
- Works with academic departments to develop faculty advisement components
- Collaborates with other campus offices to provide smooth and coordinated access to academic counseling services in order to enhance student performance and retention
- Develops workshops and other training to utilize advising technologies
- Oversees the development of advisement brochures and sample study programs
- Assesses academic counseling activities by tracking student progress and evaluating advisement system; recommends enhancements
- Organizes and facilitates ongoing training on use of advising technologies
- May manage professional and clerical staff; may monitor unit budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Advising Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
($61,394-$81,855). Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin April 6, 2018.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
Job Title: Academic Advising Manager (Advising, Division of Student Affairs)
Job ID: 18405
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.