Program Manager (Course Instructor, RN to BSN Program)
The WGU program manager works to ensure employee success. In addition to his or her daily administrative responsibilities the program manager leads and supervises a team of Course Instructors and is responsible for the professional development and performance of its members.
The program manager works closely with members of the WGU management team to understand and inform university policies and procedures. He or she develops and conducts team- and program-specific course faculty training programs, collaborating with others to achieve efficiency while ensuring quality and consistency.
The program manager is available and accountable to members of his or her team and is responsible for the success of its members. The program manger demonstrates WGU’s “students-first” culture and leads his or her team of Instructors, by example. He or she establishes clear performance expectations and manages assigned mentor performance consistent with university goals and job requirements. Additionally, the program manager effectively performs the duties of a faculty member when serving assigned students.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes clear performance expectations for, and with input from, assigned course instructors.
- Manages course instructors performance to achieve organizational goals and initiatives.
- Conducts course instructors performance reviews and manages performance improvement plans.
- Develops and leads team- and program-specific training initiatives.
- Coaches assigned course instructors via call shadowing and other training methods.
- Monitors team morale. Ensures that course faculty are connected and engaged with each other.
- Leads weekly team meetings.
- Provides direct, comprehensive guidance to assigned course instructors.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of all student- and employee-related transactions.
- Understands WGU degree programs, policies, and procedures.
- Provides accurate information and high quality customer service at all times.
- Is a member of the Course Instructors Department’s Leadership Team. Participates in department planning, hiring, and training initiatives.
- Terminal degree in the field of study; Ph.D., Ed.D. or DNP (Preferably in Nursing)
- Active and Unencumbered RN license is a requirement for this position
- Leadership experience motivating and leading a team of 8 plus employees for 3 plus years.
- Track record for effective coaching and communication skills with a widely diverse student population
WORK FROM HOME, United States