University of California, Merced
The University of California, Merced, is the newest of the University of California system's 10 campuses and the first American research university built in the 21st century. With a little more than 7,000 undergraduate and graduate students, UC Merced offers an environment that combines a commitment to diversity, inclusion, collaboration and professional development. With bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, strong research and academic partnerships, and community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving and requires talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff.
Ranked among the best public universities in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, UC Merced is uniquely equipped to provide educational opportunities highly qualified students from the San Joaquin Valley and throughout California. The campus enjoys a special connection with nearby Yosemite National Park, is on the cutting edge of sustainability in construction and design, and supports the economic development of Merced and the region.
In Fall 2016, UC Merced broke ground on a $1.3 billion public-private partnership that is unprecedented in higher education. The Merced 2020 Project will nearly double the physical capacity of the campus by 2020, enhancing academic distinction, student success and research excellence. UC Merced is also building the Downtown Campus Center, a $33 million, three-story administrative building in the heart of Merced.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Storytelling at UC Merced is a unique experience wherein staff, faculty and students collaborate to create messages about contributions to a greater good. The Multimedia Video Producer Works independently and with team members to produce professional quality promotional and news videos and other multimedia projects. Promotes and manages UC Merced's brand with fresh ideas through various social media channels. Exercises judgment in recommending methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Develops new video concepts and techniques that strategically promote key messages and further departmental and university goals.
- Oversees multimedia communications professionals, helps set performance expectations of staff and leads day-to-day operations.
- Recommends changes to department policies and practices. Identifies risks and responds accordingly.
- Provides priority setting and work flow analysis. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Researches and recommends equipment purchases for audio and video production and post-production.
NOTE: Links to a demo reel and relevant work with an explanation of roles on each project in your cover letter is required for consideration. We are looking to establish that the candidate can create high quality aesthetic content, and most importantly, have the ability to weave it together into a story.
Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree in related area and 3 years of directly related experience, or equivalent experience/training.
- Expert knowledge of many aspects of multimedia communications, including video and other media production, applications and strategic planning. Extensive knowledge of current trends and potential future developments in multimedia communications.
- Solid knowledge of the campus, including its achievements, goals, objectives, vision and mission, and how electronic communications can effectively convey and advance the campus message to various audiences.
- Solid knowledge and skills in financial and personnel administration and management techniques, including understanding of guiding principles, relevant laws, policies and best practices.
- Demonstrated skills to train, manage, guide and evaluate subordinate staff, including student employees.
- Solid written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills and political acumen.
- Advanced project management skills to complete projects within budget and time constraints.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic communications plans, programs or projects.
- Experience working in higher education or other settings with a wide range of clients and audiences.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.ucmerced.edu/n/staff/position.jsf?positionId=8176