Administrative Assistant III
Administrative Assistant III
Posting Number: 201301381P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours. Position requires some work during non-business hour and travel to the San Francisco and Sacramento campuses.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 06/07/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position provides confidential administrative support for University College Dean. Serves as liaison between Dean, students, faculty, the University, and external community. The position functions under minimal general supervision, independently performing challenging work in high volume, fast-paced environment. The functions listed are representative of duties typically performed by this position. Staff may perform some but not all and/or may be assigned additional duties specific to unit. This position reports directly to the Dean of University College.
1. Provide administrative support to Dean of University College and his/her office in a variety of functions/areas that may include but are not limited to:
2. Provides Dean/Office with a variety of budget and financial support:
3. Coordinates logistics for meetings/events, unit specific events and other gatherings which may include catering service, technical support, meeting invitations, guests list, presenters, speakers, meeting venues, transportation and others both on and off campus.
4. Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information and resolves issues requiring knowledge of unit. Maintains filing including both hard copy and electronic.
5. Prepares letters of correspondence which may include contracts for non-tenure track faculty appointments as well as other program instructor agreements.
6. Hiring of work study students; approves timesheets for temp casual/work study employees.
7. Oversees units administrative tasks to ensure unit runs efficiently and timely.
8. Attends various school or university-wide meetings acting as school/Dean’s representative and upon request may serve on various committees.
9. Provides technical support to others within the office on University supported software applications and may support the update and maintenance of the web-site. Acts as liaison with other offices to provide needed services for adult learners.
10. Assists with student services such as registrations, applications, special needs, etc.
11. Works with other University College administrative support to maintain University College staff/events calendar.
12. Works with the administrative team on projects and office-wide tasks in either a support or lead role, depending on the nature of the project.
13. Provides support to University College records and enrollment staff as needed.
14. Performs miscellaneous other duties as assigned or requested.
•Two (2) years post high school education.
•Bachelor’s degree desired.
•Experience in providing administrative oversight to senior level administrative role.
Solid knowledge of current word-processing software such as: Word, PowerPoint, Excel Internet and electronic email.
•Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial, as this position interacts regularly with both the campus community and the public.
•Solid English composition skills are necessary, as well as the ability to create, compose, and edit letters and other materials.
•Must have the capacity to exercise diplomacy and deal effectively with people in a variety of circumstances in a calm, precise way.
•Must be able to multi-task, organize resources and establish priorities in a fast paced, demanding environment.
•Must assume responsibility and work effectively with minimum supervision.
•Ability to coordinate a variety of activities, correctly interpret directions and work well under tight deadlines is crucial.
•Must maintain strict confidentiality.
•Intermediate to advanced skill sin MS Office suite, experience using databases and advanced experience in Internet navigation and research. Web maintenance desired. Ability to adapt to emerging technology.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours. Position requires some work during non-business hour and travel to the San Francisco and Sacramento campuses.
Hiring Range: Min $17.17 per hour to Mid $22.48 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/12175
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.