Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks a results-oriented, energetic individual to serve as an Admissions Counselor who can work in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will be someone who can make effective decisions while portraying the value that an education at Nebraska Wesleyan University provides to students. The successful applicant will be responsible duties in areas of Recruitment, Outreach, Forecasting, and Strategic Project Management. This is a full-time, exempt, year-long position which requires some evening work and significant travel with some overnights.
* Manage a recruitment territory, meet enrollment targets
* Assist prospective students by assessing their skills and interests and guiding them through the enrollment process
* Creatively convey the benefits of the Nebraska Wesleyan experience during campus visits and through phone and written correspondence
* Forecast recruitment strategies and enrollment projections by pairing management insights with historical data
* Balance high level thinking with careful management of details and data for Strategic Project management and University initiatives
* Track student satisfaction and anticipating future needs while providing superior customer service
* Work independently, as well as within a team setting, to set and achieve enrollment goals
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree. Candidates must:
* Demonstrate experience in recruitment, sales and/or customer service oriented atmosphere
* Be able to work with and build relationships with all facets of the university, students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni and community leaders
* Be able to set and achieve goals related to admission and enrollment
* Be able to demonstrate ability to provide independent judgment and discretion in regards to evaluating admission candidates
* Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be adaptable and flexible
* Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please upload or provide a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about this position at https://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/about-nwu/employment-opportunities.