Senior Director of Extended Education
Senior Director of Extended Education
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Academic Outreach/Economic Development Department is seeking a Sr. Director for Extended Education. Under the direction of the AVP for Community Outreach & Economic Development, the Sr. Director of Extended Education will lead strategic planning and collaborative engagement of stakeholders across the institution and throughout the service district in support of the departmental goals related to educational pathways and programming for students across all disciplines. The Sr. Director will provide guidance and direction to senior management involved in coordinating activities, collaborating with internal and external partners, and engaging employers and educators in support of increasing student pathways to and through higher education. The Senior Director will provide a focus on underrepresented populations and reducing roadblocks to entering and completing higher education through collaboration with academic units, student services and other support areas across UVU.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master’s degree in a directly related field, plus four years of experience related to the Summary of Duties of the position or Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field, plus six years related to the Summary of Duties of the position or any combination of higher education and/or experience totaling ten years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and commitment to UVU’s dual mission including both a community college and university approach to education.
- Knowledge of academic programming in higher education, dual credit education, and alternate methods of delivery including; weekend, evening, online and future technologies.
- Knowledge of approaches to increasing educational access and attainment via multiple alternative delivery opportunities.
- Knowledge of and ability to ensure responsible allocation of human and fiscal resources.Skilled manager able to identify opportunities and design strategy enabling the team to achieve goals while creating pathways for student success.
- Employ effective verbal and written communication, exceptional interpersonal skills, poise, and professionalism in all interactions across the university and university partners.
- Effectively represent a complex institution in a variety of public settings with confidence and integrity, and work effectively and efficiently within a shared governance environment.Ability to develop a strategic vision and collaborate across departments, schools, and colleges to support the vision to champion access and success for all students with a focus on underrepresented populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, academic leadership, student affairs leaders, and other educational pillars to move strategy forward.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise effective interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to increase educational pathways for students.
- Ability to demonstrate relationship care-taking and group facilitation techniques to ensure continued engagement by stakeholders.
- Ability to provide for an environment supportive of affirmative action and the achievement of the university’s affirmative action goals and policies.
- Ability to develop deep connections with the community to advance the university mission with a focus on student access and equity.
Work is normally performed in an office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $63,749 - $84,998
Advertisement Number: STA85818 Academic Outreach/Econ Dev Staff
Open Date: 06/08/2018
Review Start Date: 06/14/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/7089
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.