Manager - Employee Relations
Manager - Employee Relations
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Human Resource Department at Utah Valley University is seeking an Employee Relations Manager to join the Employee Relations & Organizational Development team. This position provides management in the area of Employee Relations and manages the ongoing development, planning, training, and implementation of the Employee Relations program and its related policies and procedures. Responsible for providing expert consultation services and conflict resolution/mediation solutions to University employees. Supports employees to resolve a broad spectrum of human resources issues to enhance the work environment. Investigates employee complaints and disputes, and recommends disciplinary action. Educates new and current employees on employee relations issues. Supports programs and projects within Employee Relations & Organizational Development area.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree plus three to five years of related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling at least seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of employee relations such as performance and/or conduct based actions.
- Knowledge of HR/personnel practices and related laws/regulations.
- Knowledge of investigative and analytical techniques, procedures, and requirements.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution/mediation practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, decision making, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Interviewing and mediation skills.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and exercise sound judgment related to complex employee matters.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to research, interpret, and provide analysis of policies and related laws/regulations.
- Ability to consistently make sound operational and business decisions and influence positive outcomes.
- Ability to explain, question, actively listen, and facilitate the communication of others.
- Ability to leave participants feeling heard and treated with respect.
Certified in Mediation or Conflict Resolution.
Previous work experience directly involved in Employee Relations within Human Resources.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Ability to see, hear, talk, fine hand manipulation.
Lifting up to 10 lbs.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $50,427 - $67,236 DOE
Advertisement Number: STA83218 Human Resource Staff
Open Date: 06/08/2018
Review Start Date: 06/14/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/7080
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.