Assistant/Associate Professor of Biology (Anatomy) (F155)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Biology
Position Tracking Number: F155
School/College: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Department: Biology and Chemistry
Location: Azusa Campus
Description: The Department of Biology and Chemistry invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Biology. Applicants are expected to teach undergraduate anatomy and to integrate Christian faith into teaching and scholarship.
The successful applicant will be teaching in an undergraduate department with 21 full-time faculty members that teach allied health, biology, biochemistry, and chemistry major courses, service courses for other STEM majors, and general education courses in biology and chemistry.
- Teach upper- and lower-division lecture and lab courses in anatomy (up to 24 teaching units per academic year)
- Integrate faith and discipline in teaching and scholarship
- Participate in mentoring and academic advising of undergraduate students
- Participate in department and university affairs
- Ability to conduct research involving undergraduate students is preferred
Level: Rank and salary are dependent on experience and qualifications.
- An earned doctorate in a biological science or health profession is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate anatomy courses
- A commitment to teaching excellence in an undergraduate, liberal arts program
- Desire to mentor undergraduate students in their course work, research, and career goals
- Knowledge of the field with a record of scholarship and a willingness to conduct research in an undergraduate setting is preferred
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University
All candidates should have experience teaching anatomy at the university level. Candidates for Assistant/Associate professor should have the ability to an active research program and/or relevant experience in industry.
Workload: Full-time; up to 24 units of teaching per academic year
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self-starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Successful candidates will align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.