Sacramento City College
Job Posting Number: C00610P
Salary: $3,284.20 per month
Closing Date: 06/27/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/7418
The entry and first working level class of the series. Incumbents, under general direction, perform a wide range of cleaning and minor maintenance duties. There may be leadership exercised over student assistants. [For a detailed job description for this SEIU (Blue Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position will be splitting its time between Sacramento City College main campus and the Davis Center located at 1720 Jade Street, Davis CA 95616.
● Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, polishes floors.
● Vacuums, shampoos, and steam cleans rugs and carpets.
● Sweeps walks and entrances.
● Sanitizes and cleans restrooms, cleans windows, woodwork, walls and furniture, and drinking fountains.
● Picks up refuse on grounds, drives trash truck to incinerator and burns refuse.
● Moves and arranges furniture and equipment for classroom changes and set-ups for college and community events.
● Moves, washes, and services staff cars.
● Participates in thorough cleaning and restoration of college plant during school vacation periods (at which time work shifts may change to accommodate cleaning schedule).
● Locks and unlocks doors as assigned.
● Performs maintenance and minor repairs to furniture, cabinets, plumbing and electrical equipment.
● Receives and picks up supplies and equipment.
● Operates and maintains cleaning equipment.
● Reports safety, sanitary, and fire hazards.
● Substitutes for campus patrol and stock clerk.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343; employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.
EXPERIENCE: One year of general work experience including some experience in custodial work.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.