Academic Fieldwork Associate, Occupational Therapy
Dominican University of California is seeking an Academic Fieldwork Associate to provide support to the Academic Fieldwork Coordinator for the Department of Occupational Therapy. Our OT program has approximately 150 majors in two tracks, ELM (entry level masters) and BS/MS (Bachelor of Science to masters). Each student does a minimum of 5 internships by their degree completion. Most fieldwork internships are a 1-1 supervision model and require individual scheduling. We place approximately 225 internships in a calendar year.
- Assist academic fieldwork coordinator in placing students in fieldwork settings
- Make initial contact with sites, match students and sites, follow up on completion of all necessary onboarding paperwork, including fieldwork contracts and student fieldwork evaluations, and site visits as needed
- Implementing and site administrator for E-Value
- Managing medical records of all OT majors
- Supervising up to 2 work study students in the fieldwork office
- Managing contract renewals with all fieldwork sites and CPL sites
- Directly supports student learning through fieldwork by individual meetings, emails, group discussions.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Skilled in all Microsoft Office Suite applications and data base management
- Must be able to work independently with advanced knowledge of the field
- Must be able to provide training and supervise work study students
- Be able to use discretion and judgement when working with students and fieldwork educators
- Committed to supporting the mission, vision, and goals of the department of occupational therapy and Dominican University of California
- Current registered and licensed occupational therapist in California
- Master’s degree
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications given by July 1, 2018; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required.
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact [email protected]
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.