Assistant Director of International Admission
Butler University is currently seeking an Assistant Director of International Admission to support the Office of Admission in the recruitment of high-quality international students to Butler’s degree programs. This position reports to the Associate Director of Admission.
- Lead efforts focused on undergraduate international recruitment and outreach, holistic application review and academic credential evaluation of international undergraduate and graduate applicants, including comparability of degrees earned and the granting of transfer credit
- Relate effectively with diverse constituencies, including students, faculty, government officials and alumni
- Participates in overnight or long-term (2-3 weeks at a time) international and domestic travel representing the university at high schools, college fairs and special recruiting functions including those specific to international populations
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, faculty, staff, students and support organizations; excellent interpersonal skills
- Advise the Director and other senior staff on current practices and strategies for recruiting international students
- Set measures and assess international recruitment strategies by utilizing data and trend analysis to identify key markets and regions that will support enrollment initiatives
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communication division to maintain communication flow, web presence and other admission/recruitment materials targeted toward the international student population
- Work in concert with Center for Global Education and International Student Services to transition exchange and degree-seeking students to campus and enrollment
- Remain current on best practices in the field of international education and participate in international professional organizations’ annual/regional conferences
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for F-1 international students and F-2 dependents. Issue SEVIS Initial Form I-20s for all students as necessary and in compliance with F-1 regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in international admission
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Valid United States passport
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of Slate Technolutions (CRM)
- Previous experience in development and implementation of recruitment strategies
- Proficient in foreign language/s is desirable. Preference will be given to Butler graduates and/or those with previous experience in admissions/enrollment management.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.