Research Project Analyst: Affinity Programs & Analysis: INTERNAL POSTING
Posting Number C1194P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/27633
Working Title Research Project Analyst: Affinity Programs & Analysis: INTERNAL POSTING
Position Number 14677
Department Alumni Office
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Research Project Analyst is responsible for researching and providing statistical reporting for ongoing and special projects that are both financial and operational. In addition, this position works with affinity partners, formulating contracts and providing appropriate statistical and financial reporting for all affinity programs. This position is also responsible for all invoicing for the Arkansas Alumni Association and for the management of open Accounts Receivable including the collections process. This position will also be involved in the budgeting process for Alumni.
This position will also work some nights and weekends as needed.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function of this job, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in mathematics, business administration, public administration, or a related field
- At least two years of experience in research, statistics, planning, or a related area
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Non-profit experience
- Experience with contract and vendor management
- Collections experience
- Experience with implementing direct response campaigns utilizing various channels including direct mail, email, and social media
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Knowledge/experience in research analysis
- Knowledge of affinity marketing practices and alumni partner contracts
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to stay organized
- Ability to research, analyze, and compile data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to prioritize, implement, and manage multiple projects and due dates
- Ability to utilize problem-solving skills to identify appropriate solutions to a variety of problems
- Ability to be punctual and dependable
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (schedule may vary based on department needs with occasional nights and weekends, as required)
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Janelle Y. Hembree Alumni House
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C117
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 06/06/2018
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
Eunice M. Alberson
ADMN 410 - B
Fayetteville, AR 72701
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
This posting is open to current University of Arkansas employees, appointed or hourly, whose employment status can be confirmed in the BASIS system.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
When completing your application, please upload the following: Cover letter/letter of application (addressed to the attention of Eunice M. Alberson, Director for Advancement Human Resources) and resume. Letters of recommendation are optional.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting Yes
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current employee (including hourly) of the University of Arkansas?
- * If you answered 'yes' to the previous question, please provide your six-digit employee identification number (BASIS ID number).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your highest level of education.
- Attended high school but did not receive a diploma
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Attended college but did not receive a degree/certification
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have with research, statistics, planning, or a related field?
- One year but less than two.
- Two years but less than three.
- Three years but less than four.
- Four years but less than five.
- Five years or more.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (1)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (2)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (3)