Senior Assistant Director of Admission
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn University is seeking candidates for the position of senior assistant director of admission. Reporting to the associate director of admission, the senior assistant director is responsible for the recruitment of students within certain geographic territories. Additionally, the senior assistant director is responsible for assisting in the design, development, implementation, and management of various admission programs, strategies, policies, and practices that meet the goals and objectives of the university.
- Research, design and implement recruitment initiatives to augment the university's marketing efforts to prospective students to include the development of articulation agreements with state and community colleges nationwide to increase the number of transfer students attracted to Lynn University.
- Collaborate with team members and leadership to ensure operational activities within the office are streamlined and productive.
- Travel to and manage several geographic territories to identify, recruit, admit, and enroll academically qualified first-year and transfer students.
- Develop recruitment strategies within assigned territories to include high school visits, college fairs, area receptions and yield events.
- Establish and maintain an active communication flow with high school students and counselors, parents, transfer coordinators and educational consultants.
- Explore opportunities to counsel students through the application process and facilitate questions related to the university's academic, social, cultural, financial, and athletic environments.
- Read, interpret, and evaluate students' academic credentials to determine an appropriate admission decision.
- Assist with the planning and execution of special programs and projects.
- Provide admission presentations to campus visitors and varying constituent groups.
- Complete routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
- Conduct and coordinate campus tours as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Characteristics
- Knowledge of admission terminology and standardized testing practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, organizational and programming skills.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate university programs and offerings to prospective students.
- Skilled at interacting and communicating with varying audiences in small and large settings.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems independently.
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated ability at planning and organizing multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to become familiar with recruitment software programs.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required. Candidates with a master's degree will be given preference.
- Four to six years of progressive admission and higher education experience preferred. Consideration will not be given to candidates without direct college admission experience.
- Depending on experience, candidates may instead be considered for the same role at either the assistant director or associate director level.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.