Admissions Counselor, Admissions – Requisition # 18000000UD
This position serves as liaison between the university and the community at large. Responsibilities include:
- Visiting with high school guidance counselors, students and their parents, and other education officials at visits in high schools, college fairs, and other special functions throughout TN and southeast region.
- Representing UTC at day and evening programs, Scholarship programs.
- Interacting with prospective students who visit or call the Admissions Office including high school students, transfer students, foreign students, parents, and adult students.
- Contacting prospective students who have made initial contact with the Admissions Office via mail, email, telephone, and private visits.
- Planning and coordinating recruitment events for prospective students in specified areas.
- Participating in specialized programs like Freshmen/Transfer Orientations, phone call campaigns, and off-campus events. Extensive travel required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer experience in Recruitment/Admissions either as undergraduate or professionally. Must have knowledge of admissions policies and academic programs. Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities. Must have a valid driver’s license; be able to travel; ability to lift boxes/load car with materials.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000000UD
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.