Assistant Equipment Manager
Assistant Equipment Manager, UTC Athletics – Requisition # 18000000UE
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Assistant Athletic Director of Facilities and Operations to plan, procure and implement all physical and fiscal requirements of the facilities, equipment and operations of the UTC Athletics Department. This position will assist with the coordination of all athletics venues, event management, risk management, student athlete safety, NCAA requirements governing travel and scheduling team travel for football and men's basketball, budgetary direction of equipment and travel expenses and direct supervision of personnel in the equipment room. Responsibilities include:
- Planning, coordinating, acquisition, maintenance and safety and use of all equipment used by Athletics Department in compliance with all UT systems, state, NCAA and NOCSAE fiscal and physical policies and regulations.
- Assisting with setup, operation and take down of daily practices and games by various athletic teams of the university’s athletic teams.
- Assisting with hiring, training, supervising and fiscal oversight of all student managers for each of the athletic teams.
- Assisting with budgeting, planning, supervising and fiscal reconciliation of all aspects of team travel by men's basketball and football programs.
- Collaborating with the athletic director and assistant athletic director for facilities and equipment and the business personnel in all aspects of equipment and related purchases by the athletic department.
Bachelor’s degree required. One year of experience in an Athletic equipment room is preferred. Must be able to pay attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills. Must have excellent communication skills. Certification or certifiable by AEMA preferred. Frequent evenings, weekends, and overnight travel is required.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000000UE
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.