Working Title: Database Administrator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Center for Diabetes Technology
Posting Date: 04-11-2018
The Center for Diabetes Technology (CDT) at the University of Virginia is seeking a Database Administrator to provide database and system planning, design, development, and maintenance in support of clinical research activities. The incumbent will maintain and support the system to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and ensure system operation. In addition, the incumbent will assist with creating and writing database policies in support of CDT research needs and will train CDT staff on the use of databases and systems and assist with data analysis needs.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in hand by start date. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. At least two years of experience in systems and database planning, design, and development is required. Experience gained during pursuit of degree may be considered. Experience working in a fast-paced healthcare or research environment is preferred.
This is a restricted position and is contingent upon continued grant funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to resolve problems.
2. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
3. Ability to program.
4. Ability to plan, design, document, and build a database.
5. Ability to maintain, back-up, and update a database.
6. Ability to train others on the use of a database.
7. Ability to troubleshoot computer related problems.
8. Ability to self-teach new software and technology.
9. Ability to work as part of a team.
10. Ability to design and complete ETL processes.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84317