Learning Graphic Designer
Job Description Summary
Saint Leo University Department of Learning Design seeks a creative Graphic Designer to be a part of our production team to produce high quality, engaging instructional content for online courses. This position requires a highly creative and detail-oriented individual who can collaborate with a team, prioritize, and manage multiple projects within deadlines. This position has no direct reports and reports to the Senior Project Manager.
Duties and Tasks:
- Develop and maintain eLearning content using various technologies such as Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and After Effect).
- Ability to work with audio and video production.
- Collaborate with the team in brainstorming, input meetings, and creative reviews.
- Create high quality and engaging instructional elements to include, but not be limited to, infographics, videos, photo editing, illustrations, and animations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the latest trends and technologies in online education.
- Publish and review courses in a learning management system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associate degree in graphic design or related field, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Will consider relevant experience and formal training in lieu of degree
- 2-3 years' hands-on production, editing, and graphic design experience
- Familiarity with course-building software such as Lectora and/or Articulate
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Exceptional layout and design skills
- Solid understanding of the creative process, with the ability to offer improvements and suggestions for functionality
- Innovative approach to online content development, with the ability to make activities and interactions come to life
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage time effectively while concurrently managing multiple projects
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.