Adjunct Faculty, Accounting
Department: Business & Mathematics
Reports To: Associate Dean
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req151
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: PT027-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
Teaches basic, intermediate, and advanced principles of accounting and finance courses.
- Prepares and delivers learning activities in order to achieve course outcomes
- Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
- Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, papers, and examinations
- Maintains and submits student attendance records, grades and other required documentation by specified deadlines
- Be available to students for coaching
- Periodic meetings with supervisors, division, or College, relative to teaching duties and training and development
- Master of Accountancy or Master of Business Administration with at least 18 graduate-level course hours in Accounting
- Must possess and maintain CPA Certification Active License
- Demonstrated experience with current computer software packages used in the accounting field (i.e., Excel, QuickBooks and SAGE)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Teaching experience in accounting courses
Special Note:This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position. Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis. In the event you are called for an interview, please have copy of
unofficial transcript based on requirements outlined in posting.
In order to be considered for an Adjunct faculty position, these additional documents are required to be uploaded: Unofficial transcript & license/certifications (Based on requirements outlined in posting).
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.