UCR Library Director of Planning and Budget
8AM - 5PM
$84,500 - $125,500
The Library Director of Planning and Budget is responsible for managing the planning, budgeting, procurement and facilities operations of the University Library.
Proven skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution.
Ability to perform accurate, detailed work.
Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
Demonstrated management and conflict resolution skills to effectively lead and motivate others.
Ability to foster a respectful, cooperative, professional and courteous environment, maintain confidentiality, and employ tact and diplomacy.
Ability to accurately apply a wide variety of policies and procedures.
Ability to provide effective leadership and supervision to supervised staff and foster a motivating and engaged environment. Ability to proactively manage employee performance, establish goals for supervised staff and work continuously to promote achievement of the established goals. Ability to effectively delegate and hold supervised staff accountable for successful completion of assignments.
Skills to work collaboratively with other locations.
Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to influence/persuade all levels of staff.
Ability to display initiative and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Proven ability to organize department work functions in an efficient and effective manner.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to organize work, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Skills in organization and customer service to effectively manage multiple important priorities.Proven ability to organize department work functions in an efficient and effective manner.
Broad knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Broad knowledge of the organization's processes, protocols and procedures with a focus on budget, account and fund management and/or personnel management under labor contract(s) and personnel policy.
Broad knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques; human resources and risk management planning; and/or accounting and payroll.
Prior experience working in an academic research library
Demonstrated knowledge of the operations of an academic research library.
Demonstrated working knowledge of the challenges of managing library materials acquisition budgets.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview