Psychologist/Instructor - Lone Tree Primary Care (Full Time)
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Psychologist/Instructor - Lone Tree Primary Care
Make a difference for patients in an established family medicine practice!
This position will provide therapeutic evaluation and treatment of patients with psychological disorders at the Lone Tree Family Medicine Clinic coordinating with multi-disciplinary clinicians to provide team-based care in a patient-centered medical home setting.
Clinical skill is required for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide short-term psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care. This is a full-time position.
Specific Duties Include:
- Provide consultations and recommendations for common behavioral health questions and presenting problems to family medicine providers.
- Assess, diagnose and treat behavioral, mental, and emotional conditions.
- Facilitate group visits.
- Design and implement health promotion/disease prevention interventions.
- Participate in clinical home visits, teaching, and supporting patient self-management skills.
- Directly supervise behavioral health trainees (graduate students, psychology interns, post-doctoral fellows, and pre-licensure psychologists).
- Review audio and video recording of clinic visits and provide medical precepting (supervision of psychosocial aspects of medical care) to small group teaching of medical students and medical residents.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology (PhD or PsyD)
- Ability to obtain Colorado state licensure as a psychologist.
- 2+ years' experience in clinical psychology, primary care or behavioral medicine
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clinical skill is required for conducting brief and targeted assessments to provide short-term psychotherapy interventions, health and behavior change, substance use treatment, and triage for appropriate level of care.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision of clinical staff and trainees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Department of Family Medicine and clinic faculty and staff.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Experience training and developing staff.
- Experience with integrated team-based care, particularly in a primary care based setting.
- Expertise in motivational interviewing, and evidence-based psychotherapies.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers, refer to job number 09663. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:09663 When applying, applicants must include: A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications A current Resume/CV The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document Copy of diploma or unoffical transcripts Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20148 - SOM-Family Medicine
Posting Date: Apr 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]cdenver.edu
Position Number: 00736850