Social Work: Administrative Assistant for Internship Program (60%)
Job ID 14417
Location UW Eau Claire;Eau Claire, WI
Full/Part Time Part-Time
A 60% university staff position is available in the Department of Social Work beginning July 16, 2018. The title for this assignment is Administrative Assistant for the Department of Social Work Internship program. The official title is Academic Department Associate. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary period. The expected hourly hiring salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
- excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- attention to detail
- ability to work collaboratively with departmental faculty and staff
- a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- experience with CampS, BP Logix, Qualtrics, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Providing administrative support to the Field Director and Departmental Chair
- Facilitating the application to field process for students, including tracking completion of Criminal Background Checks and Drivers Registrations.
- Ensuring the program has accurate, up-to-date information about agency partners
- Monitoring the status of Affiliation Agreements with agency partners
- Arranging department-sponsored events such as trainings for field supervisors
- Assisting the Field Director in ordering and administering field assessment instruments
- Working with the Field Director to maintain and update the Field Manual on an annual basis
- Preparing correspondence on behalf of Field Director
- Providing coverage of duties associated with Academic Department Associate when needed
THE UNIT: The Department of Social Work consists of 6 faculty/staff members.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Social Work: Administrative Assistant for Internship Program position (Job ID # 14417) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by 4:00 pm on June 20, 2018. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.