Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
GW Libraries and Academic Innovation (GWLAI) is a catalyst, a spark to generate new ideas and new possibilities. Responsive to the changing landscape of information and education, being sensitive both to traditional and emergent modes of communication, we bring together diverse constituents of faculty, students, and staff in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and deeply engaged intellectual community to support research, teaching and learning. As part of the larger George Washington University, we are a nexus where exciting things happen, where change happens, where growth happens. Reporting to the Director of Instructional Technology, Instructional Technologist works within the Division's Academic Technology team.
The Instructional Technologist will:
- Coordinate setup, operation, and troubleshooting of multimedia computer systems.
- Promote the use of innovative pedagogies and the use of both current and leading edge technologies designed to enhance teaching and learning.
- Explain or support clients with various multimedia software applications to enhance instructional materials.
- Support faculty in the design and development of courses, course content, seminars, conferences, and related mediated learning activities.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of workshops and seminars, with an emphasis on instructional technologies.
The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning additional responsibilities that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
*Coursework in a field that emphasizes instructional technologies and/or multimedia production
*Progressively responsible experience in the provision of instructional design, development of multimedia, and end-user assistance.
- Experience with multimedia hardware, software, and Internet applications, especially the World Wide Web and multimedia software used to deliver instruction.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks effectively.
- Experience with Learning Management System such as Blackboard.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: University Libraries Family Academic Technology Sub-Family Academic Instructional Technology Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007319 Job Open Date: 06/08/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter