Assistant Coach - Men's Soccer
Job no: 494419
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Jun 08 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Coach of Men's Soccer assists with the organization and supervision of all aspects of the Men's Soccer team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
1. Assist with all aspects of student-athlete development and performance of the men's intercollegiate soccer program, to include:
- Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
- Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning
- Scouting of future opponents
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of game strategies
- Mentoring and providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes
- Creating productive environment for the student-athlete welfare
- Optimizing technology (e.g.., scouting, recruiting)
2.Assist with oversight and administrative functions within the men's intercollegiate soccer program:
- Participating in conference and NCAA meetings
- Adhering to all conference and NCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate soccer program
- Preparing information relevant to budgeting, equipment needs, and program concerns
3.Provide supervision to the staff of the men's intercollegiate soccer program by:
- Assigning responsibilities and providing oversight to part-time staff
4. Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
- Providing assistance with departmental fund-raising.
- Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
- Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
- Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community outreach activities.
Promote the University's commitment to customer service by:
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
1.Performs other related duties as assigned.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two-three years successful experience in soccer coaching, recruiting and administration at the Division I level
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of techniques and strategies of the sport
- Commitment to high ethical standards and academics success
- Demonstrated success in recruiting nationally/internationally through an established network
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student-athletes and a commitment to student-athlete welfare
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
- A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review
- Extensive knowledge of club programs and/or international recruiting network
- Proficient in video editing
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.