Sr. Staff Associate
Sr. Staff Associate
Position Number: 10044157
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 06/21/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Sr. Staff Associate in Research & Engagement on the Dahlonega campus. This position will provide day-to-day administrative support to the Assistant Vice President for Research and Engagement and will be the first point of contact for faculty/students interested in the Center for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities and the Nationally Competitive Scholarships Office. The candidate will liaise with multiple offices, faculty, staff, and students to ensure project goals are met. The incumbent will also be responsible for the office budget, researcher purchases, P-card, and travel arrangements for both faculty and students. Administrative duties will include communication with students/staff/faculty, website updates, scheduling of workshops and major events including the Annual Research Conference, maintenance of internal databases, and management of the AVP's schedule. Must be willing to work on multiple campuses. Some evening/weekend work required.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Sr. Staff Associate will:
- Provide administrative support to the Assistant Vice President of research and Engagement, the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Research, the Assistant Director of Nationally Competitive Scholarship. Scheduls meetings, recruitment events, responds and tracks student inquiries about programs. Maintain databases of student/faculty information (InfoReady, Digital Commons, Excel).
- Manage and track budget of over $125,000. Will hold the p-card for the office. Oversee purchases pertinent to our office including completing purchases for researchers from across all 5 campuses. Also assist in the hiring process of researchers including drafting PAFs, etc. Constructs budget amendments as necessary. Will work closely with the Research Account Manager in the Office of Research and Engagement.
- Coordinate travel reimbursements and arrangements for members of the office staff, faculty, and students (50+ per year)
- Organize programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, publicizing event, and maintaining event budget.
- Maintain and updates our two websites. Participate in outreach activities to promote undergraduate research and scholarship programs and recruit students including but not limited to class visits, information tables, e-mail campaigns, social media platforms, etc.
- Preform other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, Publisher.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, demonstrate attention to detail, exhibit excellent communication skills and customer service.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- One (1) year of administrative experience is required
- Valid Class “C” driver's license
- Experience with budget software, InfoReady databases, Digital Commons, and USG purchasing systems preferred.
- Experience with national scholarships and/or undergraduate research a plus.
- Must be willing to work on multiple campuses as the need arises.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check, credit check, and DMV check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.