Maintenance Person IV - Electrician
Maintenance Person IV - Electrician
Job Number: 78062
About Residential & Dining Enterprises:Founded in 1891, Stanford University is among the top academic institutions in the country, excelling in a wide range of fields from the humanities to information technology to the health sciences and medicine. The university is located near Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco, on an 8,800-acre campus. Residential & Dining Enterprises, the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $206 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, and provides housing for over 12,000 students, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 500,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. Additionally, R&DE comprises 660 FTE staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, and Information Technology. “Students (Customers) First” is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE, “Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.” About Stanford Dining: R&DE Stanford Dining, a division of Residential & Dining Enterprises, serves over 12,000 meals per day. Its operations include11 undergraduate dining halls, two late-night dining operations, Schwab Executive Dining, an athletic training table program, the Teaching Kitchen @ Stanford, Community BeWell Gardens, and summer conference dining. As the dining department of the world's premier research and teaching institution, R&DE Stanford Dining promotes food as a multidisciplinary educational experience and engages students in food issues such as those related to health, the environment, social equity and the global economy. R&DE Stanford Dining has been recognized for its culinary excellence by awards such as the prestigious industry Ivy Award by Restaurants and Institutions for its environmental leadership role, by numerous awards such as the Acterra Award for Sustainability, and most recently was named Most Vegan-Friendly College by peta2 for its vegan and vegetarian offerings, and certified as a Responsible Epicurean and Agricultural Leadership (REAL) restaurant by the United States Healthful Food Council for its use of nutrition and sustainability best practices. For more information, please visit www.dining.stanford.edu.
Job Purpose:Under the general supervision, performs Journey level electrical work involved with the design, installation, maintenance, operation and repair of Housing and Dining Department equipment. This work includes but is not limited to electrical systems of all types, domestic appliances of all types. Responsible for installation of various electrical, domestic appliances, fixtures, and equipment which he/she ensures are in compliance with UPC, OSHA and manufacturer's requirements, standards and codes. CORE DUTIES*:
- Exhibits the knowledge and ability to work with various materials found in the work place. Ability to read and follow blueprints. Correctly inspects and troubleshoots systems for malfunctions.
- Replaces switches, receptacles, light fixtures, ballast's and relamps light fixtures. Does electrical repair on motors, switches, and controls. Make electrical hook-ups. Performs PM&I on electrical equipment
- Checks, maintains and makes repairs on domestic and commercial kitchen appliances such as, but not limited to freezers, ranges, flat top grills, ovens, disposals, mixers, ice makers, ice cream machines, drinking fountains and dish machines.
- Responsible for meeting time and volume requirements in an accurate, reliable and professional manner. Produce high-quality work that meets established standards and assures the efficient use of resources.
- In addition to the duties performed by Maintenance Person IIIs, employees at this level work under general supervision and perform maintenance tasks of substantial complexity in two or more trades.
- The skill level associated with this classification requires incumbents to have a full working knowledge of craft procedures and practices in at least two of the trades listed in the Maintenance III or Maintenance III Premium classifications.
- Employees in this classification typically work within prescribed procedures but may make unique and innovative modifications as necessary to safely and expeditiously discharge their assigned work.
- Work may be spot checked while in progress or inspected upon completion.
- Employees may work alone, or as a member of a crew (with or without lead responsibility).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- Valid California driver's license required. Knowledge of all building codes in his/her trade
Location: Residential & Dining Enterprises, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.