Associate Director of Design & Learning Innovations, UCLA Anderson School of Management (28071)
Associate Director of Design & Learning Innovations (Req. 28071)
The Associate Director of Design & Learning Innovations and Assessment & Coaching Talent Manager creates, evaluates and facilitates content and educational experiences for UCLA Anderson Executive Education open enrollment and custom programs strategically creating and revising curriculum for new and existing programs.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu. Reference UCLA REQ. # 28071
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Demonstrated expertise in instructional design, needs analysis, educational technology, distance learning, with solid understanding of pedagogy, and trends in innovative instruction trends and faculty development. Best practice experience of instructional design principles, electronic learning, coaching, assessments, course materials, and adult learning.
- Thorough knowledge of developing and delivering training programs, with demonstrated experience facilitating training and educational sessions for adults.
- Possess and maintain expert knowledge of current and emerging technologies which can be applied to instructional and academic activities including knowledge of streaming audio and video, podcasting and social network tools. Ability to design, implement and facilitate experiential and virtual learning activities.
- Proven competence in instructional design that showcases understanding of adult learning theory with ability to creatively design complex, innovative leadership development and organizational development solutions that include classroom and experiential learning. Experience with interactive teaching methods, developing teaching materials and designing learning activities.
- Enthusiasm for researching and experimenting with emerging classroom technologies and comfort using Web 2.0 tools for instruction and communication.
- Excellent client management skills, with proven experience establishing successful, long-term business relationships with the senior level executives of corporations, trade associations and non-profit entities, using effective sales and presentation skills to professionally represent UCLA in a variety of settings. Ability to promote and demonstrate the value of EE's services to clients, faculty, and staff by analyzing opportunities and assessing fit.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct