Department: Sacramento Campus
Posting Number: 201301378P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 7:30-4:30) and, on occasion, overtime work as directed. Various Shifts: 5:00 am -2:00 pm 7:00 am -4:00 pm 9:30 am -6:30 pm 5:30 pm -2:00 am 4:00 pm -12:00 am 11:00 pm -7:00 am
Position End Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under general supervision, perform janitorial duties for assigned area.
1. Perform general janitorial tasks for assigned area: sweep, scrub, mop, and wax floors; clean ceilings, walls, light fixtures, interior glass partitions, and blinds; vacuum rugs and carpets; clean and dust cabinets, furniture and woodwork; empty and clean waste receptacles; polish metal work; turn out lights and lock doors and windows; refill lavatory supply dispensers; clean stairways, elevators, hallways, restrooms, offices, and lobbies.
2. Assist in moving and arranging furniture and equipment as required.
3. Replace light globes and tubes.
4. Operates scrubbers, buffers, waxers, and other equipment and machinery as required.
5. Washes windows, washes automotive equipment, and assists maintenance men and gardeners with tasks.
6. Accountable for methods, materials, chemicals, disinfectants, and equipment used in janitorial work; safety practices in janitorial work.
7. Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University’s insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hiring Range: Min $13.46 per hour to Mid $16.83 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/12160
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.