Learning Services and Assessment Librarian
Juniata College seeks creative and enthusiastic applicants for the position of Learning Services and Assessment Librarian. The core duties of this position will focus on designing and implementing the library's information literacy instruction program, managing the library's peer mentoring and outreach program and developing the library's assessment program. The Learning Services Librarian will seek outreach opportunities and develop strategic partnerships with academic, instructional technology and student life departments. This is a unique opportunity to design a comprehensive information, digital and media literacy program in concert with the College's newly-revised General Education program, with special emphasis on integrating literacies into foundational courses. The Learning Services Librarian will also have an opportunity to develop expertise in and serve as a campus resource for Open Education Resources. The successful candidate will also play a role in the library's planning and development of a library renovation/learning commons, including collaborative partnerships with instructional technology, content tutoring, accessibility services, writing/communications center and career services.
· MLS from an ALA-accredited graduate program or equivalent
· Enthusiasm for and broad knowledge and understanding of information literacy instruction (i.e. ACRL Framework for Information Literacy)
· Strong interpersonal skills in outreach, relationship management and collaboration
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in accomplishing shared goals
· Demonstrated ability to hire, train and manage a peer-led student outreach and referral team
· Demonstrated enthusiasm for and foundational understanding of assessment of library services
· Demonstrated learner-centered approach to instruction and library services
· Evidence of successful project management skills - on both an individual and group level
· Demonstrated ability to contribute to fostering diversity on campus.
· 1-2 years of post-MLS experience in reference or instruction in an academic library or other teaching experience.
· Fluency with software for creating library tutorials and interactive learning modules
· Experience with design of Moodle sites or similar learning management system
· Experience with Springshare products (LibGuides, LibAnswers, LibCal, etc.)
· Experience working at a library reference or information desk (physical or virtual)
· Experience teaching information literacy in a classroom or other setting
· Experience, academic coursework or professional development related to assessment of instructional or other library services
· Familiarity and interest in Open Education Resources
40% Information Literacy Program
· Design and develop library instruction program, in collaboration with faculty, and with particular emphasis on first-year experience and foundational courses
· Develop and deliver in-class instruction, individual and small group research consultations, online learning objects, emphasizing innovative and engaging pedagogies
· Serve as a liaison to humanities and social sciences departments, providing instructional and collection support
· Serve as a campus resource for Open Education Resources
30% Peer outreach and mentoring program
· Oversee library information desk - hire, train and mentor a group of student workers who provide basic information and referral services at the library desk and across campus
20% Library Assessment program
· Design and implement an outcomes-based library assessment program
10% Professional Development
· Participating in library and campus-wide initiatives
· Keeping abreast of current and emerging practices in library instruction and assessment
· Other duties as assigned
Juniata College takes positive steps to enhance diversity in both its community and its curriculum. The College commits to this policy, not because of legal obligations, but because it fully believes that, such practices are basic to human dignity.
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks.
To apply for this position, please complete our online application at http://www.juniata.edu/offices/human-resources/prospective-employee/openings.php.